Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Homemade Wipes

So I am a very DIY type of mom and wife so this is one of the many DIY household items I make. Baby wipes!!! I never knew how much we actually go through a day! Once I ran out of the baby shower wipes that we had gotten I quickly found out how much and often we had to buy them.
So first is you will need paper towels (do not buy the cheaper brands even though it is tempting! They will not work as good! I personally like brawny or bounty), coconut oil, baby wash, a container, and a knife.
Take the paper towel and cut it in half. It is VERY IMPORTANT NOT to use a serrated knife or else you will completely ruin the paper towel!
Next mix 2-3 cups or hot water, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and 1 tablespoon of baby wash. Mix it until the coconut oil is completely dissolved. 
Put your paper towel in the bowl and leave it till the solution comes about halfway up the roll.
Next turn it upside down (I like to squeeze some of the excess solution from the paper towel).
Wait until the rest of the paper towel is saturated and then you can pull out the cardboard in the middle.
Now you can either start your wipes from the center like this..
or what I like to do since I reused an old wipe container and that way doesn't work the best for my container I unravel the roll and put it in the wipe container...
That's it!!! Enjoy your homemade wipes!!!

This is a huge money saver!!! You get 102 sheets per roll and times that buy 2 since you cut each in half is 204 wipes per roll!!! 
  Forever&Always<3
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment